Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Two Peas In A Packet

Captains Log. Stardate, I lost count. 
It seems that me and my brother are still getting along fine! We're best friends...until about Day 10 (usually). BUT, we're still getting along fine!
I had a great time at my Grandparents house. I didn't really sleep at all, but we were so busy during the day I didn't seem to care. We went to the movies one night, and watched Super 8. It was really fun. I love a good sci-fi/horror/fantasy/drama/romance? WHAT GENRE IS THIS MOVIE?! Anyway, the director cast many of my friend's dopplegangers as the kids. I was convinced I was watching Danny, Jonah, Marilyn, and Michael on screen, filming a movie and dealing with alien drama.
We also went to the local arcade. Mom actually won the jackpot on a game machine (165 tickets!). It was crazy. We won so many tickets, I could even get myself a stuffed Domo (DOMO!!) (hahahaha, no, I'm not cheesy enough to burst into lyrics).
Ahhh, so much fun. I also won an argument about the influences of Rock N Roll with my grandfather, and went to a Chop Suey house (I don't think you trust....in....my...self righteous suicide....I....cry...Turns out I AM cheesy enough to burst into random song lyrics. Hopefully you knew that. I suppose there are some unhidden side affects to listening to that crazy rock music (Okay Grandpa, I'll give you that))
So then we hit the road with Grandma and drove and drove and drove. We stopped at an awesome hotel on the waterfront and now we're in Thunder Bay.
To put this into perspective for my American friends- The Great Lakes. HELLO OVER THERE..
Picturetime, I chose you!!!
(That was unbelievably lame-sauce...)

 This is my moose-friend, we went out for dinner, had a great time. ;)
 Amazing view at Kakabeka Falls


 The falls :D










 So you see that wooden fence behind the sign? Yeah, that's THE FENCE. After the fence, theres a steep, wet, brushy cliff leading onto full on waterfall waters pounding the ground, white a misty. Oh yeah! I wanna go beyond the fence!!
 Our inn. It was so awesome.
 My brave brother, touching the water.
 My brother and his stuffed animals :)
 hehe
 hehe
 Thank you, I will enjoy my stay ;)
 Huge dragonfly we saw!
 Isn't it awesome? :)

 Wind turbines on the plains like, THIS CLOSE to your car.











 The Domo I won at the arcade XD DOMO!
 Here we are outside of the arcade.

CHOP SUEY!!! (bgbgbg, cacacaa, fafaf, ececec...) (Ignore the flat factor, musical theory friends who do know better. But the word Chop Suey make me remember those notes...)

Alright, I'm done.
But when will you post again?!
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Sorry, cheesily quoting Gone With The Wind (Sort of...) I feel sorry for my mother who has to deal with me.

-Hannah

1 comment:

  1. That waterfall looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete