Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Babyko

Well, here I am in the capitol of Canada, Ottawa! Thunder rages outside and the adults are off at karaoke.
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! It's been nearly a month since we've been on the road, the longest I've ever been away from my Dad. :'(  I miss him. Good news, he'll be meeting us here soon!!!
We arrived at my Auntie Eden's two days ago, and I just love it here. Its clean, pretty, and this city is amazing! So far we've seen the changing of the...dang. Okay, so theres bagpipes and drums and red coated guys with black hats change positions. THAT thing. I forgot the name.
We also toured parliament, which was nice. Then we walked downtown to get to somewhere to eat. But there were abortion banners up on a pretty street. It made the street very unpretty. My Aunt put a hand on my shoulder and said, "DONT LOOK TOWARDS YOUR RIGHT, JUST LOOK AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD! No, keep KEEP KEEEEP looking left! You don't want to see that! Don't look! Farther left, farther! ...........Okay its good now coast clear PHEW."
Sadly, I'd already caught a glimpse of some pretty awful, disturbing images that kinda put me off my lunch, and maybe tonight's sleep. ISN'T THERE A DIFFERENT, EFFECTIVE PERSUASIVE METHOD THAT DOESN'T SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE?! Statistics! Statistics are nice! Real life accounts! Simple, catchy sayings that go around!
Anyways, back to the point! Pretty good lunch despite sickening images. Then, Auntie Eden took us for cupcakes, and a trip to the dollar store. At the dollar store, we picked up some awesome little trinkets (keychains and such), then came back to the apartment and made earrings. I have some pretty weird, cool ones here! Pandas, whistles, televisions, and random hoop things. Studs 2moro.
Night, everyone!
-Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having an awesome trip, even with the awful posters! I agree, there are better ways to get a message across. Sounds like a pretty amazing trip, getting to see parliment and all!

    ReplyDelete