Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vampire Bug Bites

MOSQUITOES!!
So. Many. Bug. Bites. Itching. And. Pain. I don't think I'll sleep well tonight.
Alright, today we left the Kentels with a sad goodbye. Jensen and I are going to be pen-pals, which I'm thrilled about. It's going to be a great.
Then, we drove off to Kelowna and drove around town, looking at our old apartments, houses, churches, day-cares, and other buildings. It was kind of odd, but also very charming.
Then we drove of to the Shredl's at about 11:50 AM and we arrived at about 12:15. They were in the same city we were already in. Now, we're staying at their house. I grew up with their daughters, Arden, Kasenia, and Trinity, and they almost feel like sisters, or at least really good friends. Terri, their mother, has known me since I was a very young baby and she's like an Aunt now. Our mothers are the best of friends.
We then went cherry picking. Over an hour we picked and payed for 12 pounds of cherries. They are DELICIOUS. I'm addicted. Not really. I don't get addicted to things, I can't let myself get to that point. But these cherries are still really great.
Then we took a walk and got some Booster Juice (basically the Canadian equivalent to Jamba Juice). We then went to dinner at an Irish-themed pub called Kelly O'Brian's. We got these fries called Pachos, criss-cross potato skins with bacon, cheese, and chives. I know that it was so, so, SO bad for me, but it was so delicious. Man, THAT was superficial.
Alright, piiiiiiccccttttuuuurrreee ttiiiimmmeeee.....

Here's the house we used to live in when we lived in Rutland. I don't really have memories of this.
 Here's my old daycare. I do remember this.
 Here's the apartments where we used to live when I was little (3 or 4). I remember this vividly. It was amazing to see this in real life, all I've had is memories and dreams.
 SPRINGFIELD! Something about this just made me so happy. Anything slightly Simpsons reference. I dream of someday seeing a blue saxaphone.
 Here's the old abandoned building where my Dad used to work. This made us all really sad.
 Here's my parents favorite Mediterranean Market.

Here's the house where we used to live, and where I got that scar. It's really overgrown and kind of sad, but it's cool to see.

D, D and D.
No, I wish it was Dungeons and Dragons.
But I means "Done, done and done."
:( Darn I wanted to kill orcs!
Alright, time to go.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment