Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ain't No Mountain High, Ain't No Valley Low

We crossed Coquihalla, a huge, beautiful mountain passage into the Okanagan Lake territory yesterday. Everything here is warm, sunny, and beautiful. We've had a few storms and some warm rain, but mostly lots of sunlight. The days have been bliss. We're staying with our friends, the Kentels. Steve and Jackie, the parents, and their kids, Jensen, Eli, Kai, and Carter. Jensen is my age and we're bonding. Apparently five years ago we were very close and had a great time. I think I understand why. :)
Today we went mini golfing and bike riding. The bike was made for two adults, and it was a lot of work getting it going. But once we started it up, it was a lot of fun. We also had dinner at a make your own burger place with our friends Michael, Suzanne, Kaitlyn, Eliyah, and Jonathan. Now, I'm back at the Kentel's, lounging on the couch, and preparing to answer Carter's baby toy phone. Apparently his grandparents are calling me...

 Here we are crossing into Penticton. A lot of the hills around here have names and dates on them. A lot of graduation classes put their years up on the hills, and cities do the same.
 Here we are eating cherries that we bought at a fruit stands. Fresh fruit stands are EVERYWHERE around here. And these cherries are AMAZING. Big, juicy, sweet, and ripe. Yum!
 Here's a little fun fair business in town that we visited today. More on that later.
 Here's a front view of the Adventure Park. It seems pretty busy from this angle, but it wasn't that bad.
 Here's the pretty park with a rose garden and a gazebo. Apparently they do weddings and all sorts of events. Good to keep in mind (JK)
Here's a boat they have docked in the down town. They do tours and events, but we didn't do anything today.
 Here's another view of the boat.
 Here we are mini golfing at the Adventure Park. My brother and my mother both kicked my butt at this game (My mother did 2 points better than par!). Me and my brother both got a hole in one though.
 Here's a picture that hangs from the wall outside of the local art gallery. My brother loved it so much he took a picture of it.
 Here we are at the Japanese garden not far from the art gallery. It's very serene and calming. Thats why we couldn't stay long ;)
 Here's a picture of a beautiful coy fish my brother took. It was truly majestic.
 Here's another shot of the garden.
 Here's a fountain in the down town that we passed. Nathaniel had to snap a picture.
 This is for my friend, Danny Ramirez (Suki). Sorry, Mom, I had to put this on here. :P
 Here's a great shot of a para-sailer on the lake. I want to do this SO bad, but Mom says no. Someday...
 Here's a shot of the beautiful Summerland hills.
Here's another hill shot.

Alright, that's the end of post for today. Talk to you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in posting

No comments:

Post a Comment