Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Tale of Cindy Anderson

Hey, everyone!
Today was crazy, but there's never a "normal" day for me. So I might as well get used to it.
It was a very fun day. All of us kids made another mini-movie called "The Tale of Cindy Anderson". It was a mock-horror movie about Cindy Anderson, a girl who mysteriously goes missing, then shows up and kills everyone at a camp sight. But it was pretty funny. I got killed by getting run over by a baby tricycle. My brother was stabbed to death with a spoon. It was incredibly wacky, and very cheesy, but the adults laughed pretty darn hard. It was great.
Other than making the movie in the afternoon, we spent the whole day at the beach. We made a huge scale model of Okanagan Lake with lots of mini sandcastles. It was about 2 hours of digging, and lots of hard detail work. In the end, it was worth it.
We also went tubing. That was a whole ton of fun (except for the part when I fell off the tube!). I have lots of great pics of that below.
Alright, picture time.

 Here's our little DVD case...
 Here's my evil twin and my brother on the boat
 Here's Eli, Kai, and Nathaniel out tubing. Kai was a fearless little guy! He was singing and shouting and screaming and laughing more than any of us! And he's three!
 Here I am on the boat. Ahem...here's my hair on the boat.
 Here's Eli, Kai, and Nathaniel again.
 Here's Jensen and I. We look like miniatures of our mothers almost. This almost seems like a Jackie & Dorinda picture, not a Jensen & Hannah picture!
 here we are getting pulled in from our first little ride. This was before I fell in. Otherwise my grin would be slightly smaller.
 Here's...I have no idea what.
 Here's the lake! It's so beautiful ^_^
 Here's Jensen, Eli and I out tubing. This is right after I fell off the tube. The hoisted me back on and I decided to ride anyway.
 Here we are again...
 Here's my brother riding on the boat. :)

 These are the shimmery waves of the Okanagan. You can't find this anywhere else.
 Here's Kai, all tough and brave after a ride. Apparently I'm his best friend now ^_^
 Here's my brother again
 Me and Jensen on the tube!
 Steve, looking for a way to knock Jensen and I about and get us soaked.
 Here we are in the car on the way to the dock so that we can go tubing
 Here we are at the beach. Nathaniel and Eli were very serious about this sand-model, and often stopped to plan and talk things over.
 Here we are digging. And digging. And digging.
Heres Nathaniel and Kai working on the model. Actually, I think Kai was looking for pretty rocks and Nathaniel was working.

Well, that's all for today! Now, to be eaten by mosquitoes >.<
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment