Welcome To The Blog!

The original idea for this trip was a flight to New Brunswick to see my Dad's family for about two weeks. But the idea has evolved into a five week road trip with limited resources and a lot of fun. Call it the "Toner Family Experiment" if you will. Or call it an adventure.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks

Hey, guys. Sorry for the long wait for the next blog entry. I've been sick. Actually, I've been sick for a while now...WITH BEIBER FEVER!
Just kidding!
(Did you really think I'd catch the disease? Hahaha no!)
As the road trip continues, Mom, Than, and I are creating a set-list of songs that play on our radio and we like listening to. So far our theme song this summer has been "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People. It's about gun/gang violence, auto-tuned, so why WE like it I'm not sure. I myself like guns and gangsters, but domestic gun violence is something I'm not a big fan of. It's still a cool song though.
We're also putting on this list "Falling In" by Lighthouse, and "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons.
I've also realized how annoying banjos are. And that Shania Twain actually has some pretty catchy songs. And just how much my mother dislikes Rush.


MOMS RUSH QUOTES
Mom proves why it takes patience and an open mind to listen to Progressive Rock. I still like it...

EARLY DISTANT WARNING
ME: And THIS song proves why Geddy is a maniac.
MOM: Oh, I never doubted the fact that he was a maniac.

“Dear GOD how did this man ever get his hands on a microphone?!”

“This drummer guy is a machine! You pit him against a metronome...and he might win.”

TEMPLE OF SYRINX
“This is my favorite rush song so far...but that doesnt mean I like rush. At all.”

ME: Its a crazy song. Its about futuristic priests who run the world with computers.
MOM: What the- that doesnt even make any sense!
ME: They control everything you know, everything you've heard, evrything you've seen... (hand motions) and the meek shall inherit the earth...
MOM: Who even comes up with these ideas?
ME: Trust me, I've had this conversation before with my friends...
MOM: I don't doubt that. I really don't.

CLOSER TO THE HEART
“But...but...there's no drum solo!!”

“One of the few Rush songs where they ACTUALLY say the title.”

TOM SAWYER
“And...famous riff moment. And...famous riff moment. And...famous timing moment.”

FORCE TEN
“This is a terrible song!! It's boring, long and repetitive!”
(This last quote SADDENED MY HEART!)

Lets not even go into Moms Geddy Lee impression...(but it was a little funny)

SO ANYWAYS...
We left the Shredl's yesterday and had a ten hour drive through the rockies. We arrived in Edmonton and our staying at our friend Jenn's. It is such a pretty, cozy home. I also finished the book "Strange Angels" and drew the characters in manga. Right now I'm working on a special gift for a friend (in manga) and arranging a song for orchestra next year (well...trying to do that all without instruments. It's like playing four star sudoku, do-able, fun, but mind-bending!). We also went to Boston Pizza yesterday. Ahh...one of the things I miss so much about Canada...
Today we went to the Telus Science Museum. We went to several exhibits that were really cool, and watched an Imax movie (About surfing. Not my favorite thing, but it was actually pretty good).
I'll post pictures tomorrow. See you then!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment